1. How does PMST differ from other Mac programs?
a. The PMST is a cohort program wherein a student goes through the accelerated 16-month program with a peer group of industry professional and executives with diverse work and educational backgrounds. This program is specifically focused on the area of taxation.
2. If a student must drop from the PMST program, is there an opportunity for re-entry?
a. Yes, depending on the reason for the drop.
3. Are there any special events for program participants?
a. Kick-off dinner, during the first month of the program
b. Holiday party, during the month of December
c.Graduation party, during the month of May
Curriculum and Course Requirements:
1. How many credit hours are required to complete the PMST program?
a. 34 credits
2. What is the structure of the PMST program?
a. Six sessions, each session running for ten weeks. Each session will consist of two course, with classes being a lock-step with a pre-programmed order.
3. Can a person take PMST classes without being admitted to the program?
1. When do the PMST cohort meet?
a. Classes for the cohort meet all day Saturday.
2. What time does the PMST cohort meet?
a. The classes begin on Saturdays at 8:00 am and end, same day, at 5:00 pm.
3. How long is each session?
a. Depending on the session, they can either last seven or ten weeks.
1. When is the PMST application deadline?
a. The application deadline is April 8, 2017.
2. Where do I obtain an application?
a. Applicants can apply online; visit the Rutgers Camden admissions website here. (https://admissionservices.rutgers.edu/graduate/newApplicant.app)
3. What supporting materials are required with my application?
a. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
b. Official transcripts from all undergraduate schools attended
c. Complete application
d. $70 non-refundable application fee
e. Personal statement
f. Two letters of recommendation; one must be from a current or recent supervisor
g. Standardized test scores
4. Are standardized test scores ever waived?
a. Yes. Applicants with exceptional work experience or hold advanced degree or CPA from the United Sates should send their resume and a copy of all transcripts or certificates to the Rutgers School of Business – Camden office requesting a waiver of test scores. The Associate Dean of Graduate Programs or his/her designee will provide a response within seven working days of the request. (Those interested in seeking a GMAT waiver request, please email you resume to Natalie Cox at firstname.lastname@example.org).
5. Is work experience required?
a. No it is not.
6. Does the application process require an interview?
a. Yes, the Professional Programs Office will schedule interviews for qualified applicants.
7. Can I apply to the PMST program as a non-degree or non-matriculated student?
a. No you may not.
8. Is an undergraduate degree in business required for admission?
a. Yes, a four-year bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
9. When are admission decisions made?
a. 48-72 hours after the interview
Fees and Financial Aid:
1. What is the cost of tuition?
a. There is a flat tuition rate for each cohort. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
2. What is the payment structure of the tuition?
a. Once accepted, there is a non-refundable deposit of $2,500 due prior to the first day of class. The remaining tuition will be due in five equal segments over the duration of the program. Payments will be due 20 days after completion of each session, except for session six, which is due 30 days before the end of the session.
3. What does the tuition include?
a. Tuition, fees, textbooks, parking, program gatherings and cap & gown.
4. Can I apply to financial aid for the PMST program?
a. Yes, you may qualify for federal assistance. Please visit our Financial Aid Office website studentaid.rutgers.edu or call (856) 225-6039
5. Who can I contact to see if Veteran benefits apply?
a. Fred David, Campus Director of Veterans Affairs
326 Penn Street, room 017B
Camden, NJ 08102